Mon, May 08|
United Sportsmen Inc.
CCW 1 (8-hour Initial)
California and Multi-state CCW Permit
Time & Location
May 08, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
United Sportsmen Inc., 4700 Evora Rd, Concord, CA 94520, USA
About the Event
This class pertains to Initial Permits for Contra Costa County Sheriff applicants only. This is the classroom portion only, you must still conduct your live-fire qualification with the Sheriff's Office.
This covers the California state-mandated material for CCW permit holders. This class also covers the curriculum for the Arizona Multi-state permit. The following topics will be covered:
- Laws concerning firearms possession, storage, etc.
- Firearm safety rules
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Clearing stoppages
- Discussion of terminal ballistics and ammunition selection
- Firearm and holster selection
- Self defense law and post-shooting procedures
- Live-fire qualification
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Holster: "outside the waistband" holster. If you bring an inside the waistband, appendix carry, or SERPA holster, you will not be allowed to holster a loaded weapon. You will shoot from a "Compressed Ready" position during the course of fire. See our blog post on holster selection.
- Pistols which will be listed on your permit, with at least two magazines for each semiautomatic pistol
- At least 100 rounds ammunition per pistol (only 50 used for qualification)
When checking out, you will be directed to PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account, select "Pay with Debit or Credit Card." You can check out as a Guest after providing your email address.
CCW Initial Permit (8 hours)$275.00