Wed, Oct 18|
United Sportsmen Inc.
CCW 1 (Initial/Renewal/Modification)
California and Multi-state CCW Permit
Time & Location
Oct 18, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
United Sportsmen Inc., 4700 Evora Rd, Concord, CA 94520, USA
About the Event
This class covers Initials, Renewals, and Modifications. Renewals attend 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Modifications arrive at 2:45 p.m.
Initials: For Contra Costa and Solano Counties, this is the only class you need to get your 8-hours. For Napa, Sonoma, Alameda, Concord PD, and SFPD, this is the first 8-hours of your 16-hour requirement. You will need to take either CCW 2 or CCW 3 for your second 8-hours. Check the Agency requirements on this website.
This covers the state-mandated material for CCW permit holders:
- Laws concerning firearms possession, storage, etc.
- Firearm safety rules
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Discussion of terminal ballistics and ammunition selection
- Firearm and holster selection
- Self defense law and post-shooting procedures
- Live-fire qualification
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Pistols to be listed on your permit with at least two magazines for each pistol
- Outside-the-waistband holster for each pistol (see our blog post on selecting the proper holster)
- At least 50 rounds of ammunition per pistol
You must have a holster for each pistol you intend to shoot; you will not be allowed to fire from the line without a holster. For those with Inside-the-Waistband, Appendix or SERPA holsters, you will NOT be allowed to draw a loaded pistol. You will draw and then load the pistol just prior to firing each stage.
CCW Initial Permit (8 hours)$275.00
CCW Renewal (4 hours)$150.00