Tue, Aug 23|
United Sportsman, Inc.
CCW 1: Foundation (8 Hour Initial/Renewal)
For Solano, Sacramento, Yolo, and Napa County CCW holders only
Time & Location
Aug 23, 2022, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
United Sportsman, Inc., 4700 Evora Rd, Concord, CA 94520
About the Event
Solano County: CCW 1 fulfills the 8-hour requirement for initial CCW application and the 4-hour requirement for the renewal course.
Napa, Sacramento, and Yolo Counties: Together, CCW 1 and CCW 2 fulfill the 16-hour requirement for the initial CCW application. CCW 1 alone serves as a renewal course.
This covers the state-mandated material for CCW permit holders. The following topics will be covered:
- Laws concerning firearms possession, storage, etc.
- Firearm safety rules
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Clearing stoppages
- Discussion of terminal ballistics and ammunition selection
- Firearm and holster selection
- Post-shooting procedures
- Live-fire qualification
Prerequisite: Prior approval from the Solano or Napa County Sheriff's Office for initial CCW application or renewal.
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Holster: "outside the waistband" holster. No inside the waistband, appendix carry, or SERPA holsters.
- Pistols which will be listed on your permit, with at least two magazines for each semiautomatic pistol
- At least 100 rounds ammunition per pistol (only 50 used for qualification)