Wed, Apr 19|
United Sportsmen Inc.
CCW 1 (8-hr Initial; Open to All)
California and Multi-State CCW Permits
Time & Location
Apr 19, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
United Sportsmen Inc., 4700 Evora Rd, Concord, CA 94520, USA
About the Event
This class pertains to Initial Permits and Renewals. Depending on your need, you will attend class at different times during the day.
Initial: 9:00 - 5:00
Renewal: 9:00 - 1:00
Contra Costa, El Dorado, Placer and Solano Counties: CCW 1 fulfills the 8-hour requirement for the initial CCW application. Actual live-fire qualification for Contra Costa County CCW holders is by the Sheriff's Department. Paladin provides the classroom portion of the training and 1-3 practice runs of the qualification course.
Napa, Sonoma, Sacramento, and Yolo Counties and the City of Concord: Together, CCW 1 and CCW 2 fulfill the 16-hour requirement for the initial CCW application. You must take CCW 2 in addition to CCW 1.
Class certificate can be forwarded to the Arizona Department of Public Safety to obtain an Arizona non-resident permit.
This covers the state-mandated material for CCW permit holders. The following topics will be covered:
- Laws concerning firearms possession, storage, etc.
- Firearm safety rules
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Clearing stoppages
- Discussion of terminal ballistics and ammunition selection
- Firearm and holster selection
- Post-shooting procedures
- Live-fire qualification
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Holster: "outside the waistband" holster. No inside the waistband, appendix carry, or SERPA holsters.
- Pistols which will be listed on your permit, with at least two magazines for each semiautomatic pistol
- At least 100 rounds ammunition per pistol (only 50 used for qualification)
When checking out, you will be directed to PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account, select "Pay with Debit or Credit Card." You can check out as a Guest after providing your email address.
CCW Initial Permit (8 hours)
CCW Renewal (4 hours)