Mon, May 15|
United Sportsmen Inc.
CCW 1 (8-hr Initial and 4-hr Renewal)
California and Multi-State CCW Permits
Time & Location
May 15, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
United Sportsmen Inc., 4700 Evora Rd, Concord, CA 94520, USA
About the Event
Renewal Permits attend class from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Contra Costa, El Dorado, Placer and Solano Counties: CCW 1 fulfills the 8-hour requirement for the initial CCW application. Actual live-fire qualification for Contra Costa County CCW holders is by the Sheriff's Department. Paladin provides the classroom portion of the training and 1-3 practice runs of the qualification course.
Napa, Sonoma, Sacramento, and Yolo Counties and the City of Concord: Together, CCW 1 and CCW 2 fulfill the 16-hour requirement for the initial CCW application. You must take CCW 2 in addition to CCW 1.
A copy of your CA CCW permit and the class certificate can be forwarded to the Arizona Department of Public Safety to obtain an Arizona non-resident permit.
This covers the state-mandated material for CCW permit holders. The following topics will be covered:
- Laws concerning firearms possession, storage, etc.
- Firearm safety rules
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Discussion of terminal ballistics and ammunition selection
- Firearm and holster selection
- Self defense law and post-shooting procedures
- Live-fire qualification
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Holster: "outside the waistband" holster. If you bring an inside the waistband, appendix carry, or SERPA holster, you will not be allowed to draw with a loaded pistol. You will shoot the course from the "Compressed Ready" position. See our blog post on holster selection.
- Pistols which will be listed on your permit, with at least two magazines for each semiautomatic pistol
- At least 100 rounds ammunition per pistol (only 50 used for qualification)
When checking out, you will be directed to PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account, select "Pay with Debit or Credit Card." You can check out as a Guest after providing your email address.
CCW Initial Permit (8 hours)